Commitment to Privacy
Make Music Matter respects your right to privacy and is committed to protect it. We understand that volunteers, donors, members, supporters and users of the Make Music Matter website and others who have contact with our organization offline need to be in control of their personal information. In carrying out our various programs and activities, particularly with respect to raising funds to support our work, we frequently collect, use and disclose personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information can expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
What Personal Information is Collected
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) defines personal information as any information about a specific, identifiable individual, such as name, address, or phone number, but not including the name, title, business address or business phone number of an employee of an organization.
You do not have to provide any personal information on our website unless you choose to do so.
The personal information that we collect, use and disclose – with your express or implied consent – and the reasons why we collect such information are as follows:
1. Name, address, phone number, and fax number – to provide quality, responsive service; to issue donation receipts for income tax purposes; to send thank you communications; and to report and communicate about our program results and how donor financial support is making a difference.
2. E-mail address – to communicate program results, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, special events, and other similar information to donors and other supporters, through cost-effective e-newsletters or permission-based e- mail messages.
3. Information related to credit card accounts – to provide high quality, convenient service in accepting and processing donations.
4. Information about relationships, preferences, opinions, and beliefs – to build stronger relationships with our donors, volunteers and other supporters; and to be able to target special requests for volunteer support or fundraising assistance.
5. Information about professional, employment and business relationships – to conduct donor prospect research; to make specially targeted requests for volunteer support or fundraising assistance; and to inform donors of the opportunity to facilitate “matching grant” fundraising contributions by their employers.
Personal information gathered by Make Music Matter is kept in strict confidence. Certain staff members have authorized access to personal information based on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure that the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost, stolen or prematurely destroyed.
We collect, use and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate under the circumstances. We routinely offer our stakeholders the opportunity not to have their information shared for purposes beyond those for which it was collected.
Website and Online Donations
Donors through our website are linked to an industry-standard secure payment service for credit card transactions. Your credit card information is therefore secured by a reputable security company. The information is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored.
There are links on the www.makemusicmatter.com website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites outside of www.makemusicmatter.com are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of such third party websites are beyond our control, and we do not endorse in any manner whatsoever or accept any responsibility for the use of such websites and their privacy policies or the lack thereof.
Make Music Matter
3rd Floor 441 Main St.
Further information on privacy and protection of personal information may be found on the web site of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca